On August 13, 2011, our team participated in a very special event called, “Weekend to End Women’s Cancers”. We walked 32 kilometers over the course of one day with thousands of other women and men. Each member of our team was required to raise $2000. In total, South Surrey Smiles raised nearly $15,000. The net proceeds went to supporting breast and gynecologic cancer research, treatment, and services through the BC Cancer Foundation.
We had a beautiful day for the walk, the sun was shining and the determination of all the walkers was so strong. We completed our 32 km journey through Vancouver in 9 hours. The walk was an incredible experience for everyone.
Dr. Lesley Williams is a Certified Specialist in Orthodontics. She grew up in Victoria, BC with her parents and two sisters.
After being awarded her Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree in 1989, Dr. Williams then spent six years as a dentist in general practice before deciding that she wanted to further her education by undertaking three extra years of highly specialized training in orthodontics. With her Masters in Science (Orthodontics) degree under her belt, she went on to sit the Orthodontic Specialty Fellowship exams through the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. To date, her status as an active leader in the orthodontic profession means that she holds the following qualifications and positions:
- Certified Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Examiner for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Former president of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists (representing 2900 orthodontists from the 4 western Canadian provinces and 8 western American states).
- Active member of the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists.