Recently, our very own Dr. Williams was interviewed by one of our patients mothers for a local community profile about our orthodontic office. Amanda Milford is a local realtor who regularly engages with many of the business owners in the Surrey community. Her family are patients at South Surrey Smiles, and she was kind enough to feature an interview with Dr. Williams on her website, parkbench.com. We feel extremely grateful to Amanda for featuring South Surrey Smiles, and for bringing our practice to the attention of more members of the community.
As a realtor and community member, Amanda is extremely engaged and brings a positive energy with her wherever she goes, including our orthodontic office. It was a real privilege to be able to share our story with Amanda, and we look forward to reaching more potential patients in Surrey and the surrounding community as a result! See the full interview below:
Dr. Lesley Williams is a Certified Specialist in Orthodontics. She grew up in Victoria, BC with her parents and two sisters.
After being awarded her Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree in 1989, Dr. Williams then spent six years as a dentist in general practice before deciding that she wanted to further her education by undertaking three extra years of highly specialized training in orthodontics. With her Masters in Science (Orthodontics) degree under her belt, she went on to sit the Orthodontic Specialty Fellowship exams through the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. To date, her status as an active leader in the orthodontic profession means that she holds the following qualifications and positions:
- Certified Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Examiner for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Former president of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists (representing 2900 orthodontists from the 4 western Canadian provinces and 8 western American states).
- Active member of the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists.