Brushing with Braces
Properly cleaning your teeth on a regular basis is vital when it comes to maintaining effective oral hygiene. While this is true for everyone, it is especially important for people wearing braces or other orthodontic appliances. Orthodontic appliances like braces have ledges that are ideal for plaque to build up on. Spending extra time and using special brushes is crucial in maintaining adequate oral hygiene. We have created fun instructions to help you achieve optimal cleanliness of your teeth. Just follow this guide and you will be set! If you have further questions, please ask us at your next appointment. We will always let you know if your oral hygiene looks good or if it needs improvement. Our patients who are taking great care of their teeth will even earn rewards!
Dr. Lesley Williams is a Certified Specialist in Orthodontics. She grew up in Victoria, BC with her parents and two sisters.
After being awarded her Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree in 1989, Dr. Williams then spent six years as a dentist in general practice before deciding that she wanted to further her education by undertaking three extra years of highly specialized training in orthodontics. With her Masters in Science (Orthodontics) degree under her belt, she went on to sit the Orthodontic Specialty Fellowship exams through the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. To date, her status as an active leader in the orthodontic profession means that she holds the following qualifications and positions:
- Certified Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Examiner for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Former president of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists (representing 2900 orthodontists from the 4 western Canadian provinces and 8 western American states).
- Active member of the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists.