Christmas time is a special time, however, some families find it to be a very difficult time of year. South Surrey Smiles decided that we needed to help. We adopted a family that included a single mother and her 2 children. We were able to provide them with all stockings and gifts as well as meals for Christmas day including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Each team member contributed by donating gifts and/or food. The family was so thankful to have a Christmas they could enjoy.
Thanks to the support of our patients, we were also able to donate tons of food to the Surrey food bank. We were happy to give rewards points to our patients for their generous donations. It is amazing what can be done when people come together to help!
Dr. Lesley Williams is a Certified Specialist in Orthodontics. She grew up in Victoria, BC with her parents and two sisters.
After being awarded her Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree in 1989, Dr. Williams then spent six years as a dentist in general practice before deciding that she wanted to further her education by undertaking three extra years of highly specialized training in orthodontics. With her Masters in Science (Orthodontics) degree under her belt, she went on to sit the Orthodontic Specialty Fellowship exams through the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. To date, her status as an active leader in the orthodontic profession means that she holds the following qualifications and positions:
- Certified Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Examiner for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Former president of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists (representing 2900 orthodontists from the 4 western Canadian provinces and 8 western American states).
- Active member of the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists.