Throughout 2011, Dr. Williams and the South Surrey Smiles team spent many hours outside of work brainstorming how we could build the best office ever. It had been Dr. Williams’ dream for many years to create an orthodontic space that her patients would enjoy. With the help of our amazing designer, Linda Sale, that dream came true in October of 2011. We opened our new location on Oct. 31, 2011. Not only did the patients gain a better experience during orthodontic treatment, but the staff also felt so fortunate to work in such an incredible establishment. Having the ideal physical space allows us to do what we do best in an efficient manner while providing exceptional service to our patients.
Dr. Lesley Williams is a Certified Specialist in Orthodontics. She grew up in Victoria, BC with her parents and two sisters.
After being awarded her Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree in 1989, Dr. Williams then spent six years as a dentist in general practice before deciding that she wanted to further her education by undertaking three extra years of highly specialized training in orthodontics. With her Masters in Science (Orthodontics) degree under her belt, she went on to sit the Orthodontic Specialty Fellowship exams through the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. To date, her status as an active leader in the orthodontic profession means that she holds the following qualifications and positions:
- Certified Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Examiner for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Former president of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists (representing 2900 orthodontists from the 4 western Canadian provinces and 8 western American states).
- Active member of the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists.