One of the best parts of the holidays is helping to spread smiles and cheer!
We at Surrey Smiles love to do our part, and this year we sponsored an entire pancake breakfast to a local school in need.
It was so much fun to supplement their breakfast program for the day and provide a hearty, festive meal for the kids. Extras were provided to feed family members of all ages, and everyone was so excited for a hot, fresh meal.
But that wasn’t the only holiday activity we helped to organize! Our team also adopted a single mother and her 3-year-old son at Christmas, providing all gifts, stockings, and 3 meals for Christmas day.
We’d also like to give a big thank you to all our patients!! You donated an incredible amount of non-perishable food items to the food bank in the month of December, and your generosity is greatly appreciated.
We hope 2015 is as successful, happy, and healthy as 2014!
Dr. Lesley Williams is a Certified Specialist in Orthodontics. She grew up in Victoria, BC with her parents and two sisters.
After being awarded her Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree in 1989, Dr. Williams then spent six years as a dentist in general practice before deciding that she wanted to further her education by undertaking three extra years of highly specialized training in orthodontics. With her Masters in Science (Orthodontics) degree under her belt, she went on to sit the Orthodontic Specialty Fellowship exams through the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. To date, her status as an active leader in the orthodontic profession means that she holds the following qualifications and positions:
- Certified Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Examiner for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Former president of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists (representing 2900 orthodontists from the 4 western Canadian provinces and 8 western American states).
- Active member of the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists.