This year for Canada Day, we wanted to do something big for our patients and also for our community. We had the pleasure of working with the city to develop the South Surrey Smiles Kids Zone. At this event we had face painting, balloon twisting, caricature artist, henna tattoo artist, and 2 bouncy castles. M&M Meats was cooking up a storm with hot dogs and hamburgers, and Menchie’s was serving our favorite frozen yogurt. The main event was our sandcastle competition. We had 75 teams building sandcastles down on the sandbars. They all received a pail, shovel, and snacks. The 1st place winner received an 8 person inflatable Seadoo Party Island. 2nd place winner received $150 to future shop. Our 3rd place winner received $100 to the Cactus Club. 4th, 5th, and 6th place all received $10 vouchers to Famosa Pizzeria. This was a very fun event and we had great feedback from our patients. We’re so glad that everyone had fun!
Dr. Lesley Williams is a Certified Specialist in Orthodontics. She grew up in Victoria, BC with her parents and two sisters.
After being awarded her Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree in 1989, Dr. Williams then spent six years as a dentist in general practice before deciding that she wanted to further her education by undertaking three extra years of highly specialized training in orthodontics. With her Masters in Science (Orthodontics) degree under her belt, she went on to sit the Orthodontic Specialty Fellowship exams through the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. To date, her status as an active leader in the orthodontic profession means that she holds the following qualifications and positions:
- Certified Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Examiner for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Former president of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists (representing 2900 orthodontists from the 4 western Canadian provinces and 8 western American states).
- Active member of the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists.