Our gingerbread house contest last year was such a hit that we had to do it again! We are excited to announce that our practice is growing and we had double the number of dentists participate this year! Everyone really stepped up their game. It was amazing to see the talent that the teams put into their masterpieces. The winner of the 2013 Gingerbread House Contest was Newton Village Dental Clinic (Dr. Velonas, Dr. Nguyen, and team). They had requested that instead of going for the winning dinner, that we donate that money to the Basics for Babies charity. We were honored to make this donation on behalf of Newton Village Dental Clinic.
Dr. Lesley Williams is a Certified Specialist in Orthodontics. She grew up in Victoria, BC with her parents and two sisters.
After being awarded her Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree in 1989, Dr. Williams then spent six years as a dentist in general practice before deciding that she wanted to further her education by undertaking three extra years of highly specialized training in orthodontics. With her Masters in Science (Orthodontics) degree under her belt, she went on to sit the Orthodontic Specialty Fellowship exams through the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. To date, her status as an active leader in the orthodontic profession means that she holds the following qualifications and positions:
- Certified Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Examiner for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Former president of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists (representing 2900 orthodontists from the 4 western Canadian provinces and 8 western American states).
- Active member of the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists.